For many of us, our cars become more than simply a mode for transportation. We find a great sense of value in the car we drive. But all too quickly our vehicles become cluttered, making it embarrassing to give a ride to friends. Why not give your car a spa treatment with interior cleaning?
What is Interior Car Cleaning?
Interior car cleaning is the process of top-to-bottom care of the interior of your car through specialized tools and products. There are a number of tasks necessary in order to provide your car with a thorough cleaning. Among them are:
• Vacuuming and shampooing the carpets and seats found inside the vehicle
• Conditioning the seats according to the material
• Removing all trash, dirt and dust found within the interior
• Wiping down the dashboard to free it from dust particles
Why Should I have my Car’s Interior Cleaned?
Having the inside of your car cleaned does more than just provide you with a clutter-free environment while commuting. Spending a great deal of time in our cars, it is important to keep it clean for a number of reasons. Cleaning the interior of your car can:
• Maintain the value of your car by keeping it in good condition
• Prevent any excessive wear and tear on your car
• Increase the air quality from removing dust and dirt particles
• Increase your driving safety with interior glass care
What Affects the Cost of an Interior Cleaning?
There are a number of factors that go into determining how much you will pay for interior cleaning. Among these include:
• The original condition of the vehicle
• The size of the car being worked on
• The amount of time spent cleaning the interior surfaces
• The experience level of the professional
How Much Can I Expect to Pay for Interior Cleaning?
Professionals typically offer packages that will provide you with additional services. Listed below are estimated average costs of a professional interior cleaning for cars of different sizes.
• $50 to $125 for an average-sized vehicle
• $75 to $100 for an SUV
• $100 to $135 for a van
How to Decide on Who to Go to?
To ensure that you get the best care for your trusty travelling companion, you should find the right person to do the job. Considering these factors can aid in your final decision:
- Services offered such as fur removal
- Pricing to match the needs of your budget
- Reviews from other customers through platforms such as Google and Yahoo
- Mobility and location
How to Clean the Interior Yourself
You may choose to clean the interior of your car yourself in order to save money. Below are a few steps to provide you with a thorough cleaning that can be done at home
- Buy the necessary cleaning items such as a hand-held vacuum cleaner, chemical cleaning products, brushes and rags.
- Clean the floor mats by shaking them free of any dirt or vacuuming all crevices
- Vacuum the carpet with your hand-held item using various brush attachments
- Remove all dirt on the seats by using the vacuum followed by cleaning compounds
- Clean all windows and mirrors with a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth
- Vacuum and wipe clean your dashboard
How Often Should the Inside of my Car Be Cleaned Out?
Cleaning your car’s interior should be done somewhat regularly to ensure that it stays free of debris that might damage the seats, carpet or windows.
• With the service of a professional, you can expect to have the interior cleaned out every six to eight months
• If you are cleaning your car’s interior out yourself then it is best to go through the steps every few months
Additional Services for your Car
When cleaning your car, it is important to take care of the inside as well as the outside. Listed below are a few other services that you should consider for your car.
• Washing the exterior
• Polishing to eliminate surface scratches and dirt
• Wax application to provide a protective outer layer
• Headlight and taillight care for safer driving
• Cleaning out the space inside a vehicle that holds the engine, commonly referred to as the engine bay, to prevent corrosion
Cleaning the interior of your car might not sound important, but in reality is critical for a variety of different reasons. It allows your car to maintain the current value and prevent excessive wear and tear. Not only does it provide protection for your car, but interior cleaning also keeps you safe. As someone who loves their car and travels a good amount, I hope that you consider treating your car.